Laura's Reviews > Motherhood Is Not For Wimps: No Answers, Just Stories

Motherhood Is Not For Wimps by Elizabeth Soutter Schwarzer

Apr 26, 2008

it was ok
Read in July, 2008

I'm sorry to say this book disappointed me. I don't buy books regularly, so this, along with several others, was a special purchase. I grumble at my wasted money.

I really enjoy regularly reading the author's blog by the same name. I don't have children, but I always enjoy good writing and funny stories, no matter what the subject.

This book was just a conglomeration of her past blog entries. I only laughed out loud once; not really worth the cost, in my opinion. Maybe if I had children it would have appealed to me more, but I felt that the format of the book was poor. A former press secretary should know better than to re-hash old material (oh, wait, did I just make a funny?).

Perhaps if she had taken her old entries and re-written them into essays, this would have been a more interesting read. I felt I got cheated by buying this book when I could have just skimmed through her old blog entries online.

If you were interested in reading this book, I suggest doing that first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Motherhood Is Not For Wimps.

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Sorry to hear that! I love her blog too. Maybe I'll let this drop to the bottom of my to-read list. alas.

Laura You can always try your local library! Or read it as a second, filler book in-between some really good ones.