StorySeekers's Reviews > Magic of the Moonlight

Magic of the Moonlight by Ellen Schreiber

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: 2011, 2012-tbr-pile
Read in February, 2012

I fell in love with Once in a Full Moon, and was really looking forward to the sequel. Magic of the Moonlight was a great, easy read as well. It leaves off right where Once in a Full Moon ends. I really need to check out the Vampire Kisses series from Ms. Schreiber because I really love her writing!

A little warning… there are a few spoilers up ahead! Do not read if you don’t want to ruin the first book.
Okay so the ending of the first book was pretty big, because Nash, Celeste’s ex-boyfriend sees Brandon transform into a werewolf. Now in the sequel, Nash is using this information against Celeste. Nash wants her to be with him and to stay away from Brandon because he’s dangerous. If she doesn’t listen to Nash, he will tell her friends that Brandon is a werewolf.

But from what I could tell, Brandon is like one of the nicest werewolves I have ever read about. And he’s handsome too. When he transforms it’s not into an actual wolf, but half-wolf/half-man and he’s really hairy. He’s changes colors as well. I never thought I would like a hairy man, but Brandon sounds so hot!

Oh and big spoiler -> (view spoiler)

As for Celeste’s and Brandon’s relationship, it does grow into something more in this book. You can tell they really care for each other. As for her other relationships with her friends, Celeste is really trying to tell her friends about Brandon and trying to bring her two worlds together. She is also trying to help Brandon with the cure to werewolf.

I say you should buy it if you really like the first book, like I did. But if you are just curious about the series, then I suggest burrowing it.

I don't know if there will be there a third book, but I really hope there is because the ending left some things undone!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic of the Moonlight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new) - added it

Ruby Replogle Good review :) but -obviously i havnt read the second book- why would Celeste care if Nash told everyone Brandon was a werewolf? People were saying that in the first book! its not like Nash has any proof, right? :) I would just be like, Dude your crazy. Not that bad :)