Stacy's Reviews > Food Rules: An Eater's Manual

Food Rules by Michael Pollan

F_50x66
Sep 17, 11

Read in September, 2011

A super fast read by the author of "The Omnivore's Dilemma." Michael Pollan outlines a set of easy to follow and totally logical rules about eating. You can distill the entire book to these three statements: "Eat Food. Mostly plants. Not too much." 64 Rules with a paragraph or two of explanation make complete and total sense and actually follow the Word of Wisdom pretty closely. (With just one deviation) Some of my favorite rules: Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce. Avoid Food that are pretending to be something they are not. It is not food if it arrived through the window of your car. The Whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead. I especially liked that last rule since my children complain about the good fiber bread I make them eat. Now I just whip out that saying whenever I hear the rumblings of discontent. And Dave's Killer Bread is so delicious. I promise. You can come over to my house and I'll make you a slice of toast so you can see for yourself. And I won't use margerine. So this is a review to promote both "Food Rules and Dave's Killer Bread. Two for the price of one, aren't you lucky.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Rules.