Thuly Tran's Reviews > The Substitute 2

The Substitute 2 by Tionne Rogers

Sep 17, 2011

Read from May 15 to 19, 2012

If I could, I would give it a 5+ stars. Readers, don't let the length (736 pages) intimidate you because the journey is definitely worth it. What I find remarkable is I would always find myself waiting for more so 736 was still not enough for me (a bit greedy). I'm sure many have said it before but the characters and their developments in TS are what pulls the story. I am absolutely in love with the characters, especially Goran! There are no 'heroes' or necessarily 'villains' in TS since they all have their share of power and money in secret organizations, but that only seems much more realistic to me.

Although Guntram's fate took a turn for the worse, I think it was necessary because there were too much things left unsaid after the first book. However, I must warn the readers that this book will be much darker than before. There are a lot of angst and tears because I had to put the book down at certain points and pull myself together to continue. So what can you do when you are Guntram who is surrounded by lies and treachery? I doubt I would have survive like he did.

I can only applaud Tionne for writing such a wonderful series. Hopefully and from my selfish wishes, Tionne will expand the TS's world at a later time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Substitute 2.

Yoshi The book is there! I just used the 20% discount code to place my order: MAYBOOKS12

Thuly Tran Lolz I just ordered the hardcover edition when I got back from work. They estimate about 2 weeks....I don't think I can wait that long arghhh!

Yoshi I ordered TS 1 & 2 in hardcover, too!
Did you see that the book weight over 1kg??
The postage is so expensive, it's almost 20$... I hope they will arrive in 2 weeks. Let me know when you get the books.

Thuly Tran I know right! My older sis thought it was crazy when I told her TS2 has about 736 pages....totally worth the money. I sadly did not get TS1 hardcover...maybe I should update the order and get both together. Thanks for the idea and I'll let you know soon.

Yoshi I wanted to get TS1 some months ago. in order to save the postage, I waited till today! I hope, that Tionne won't release ItLD in hardcover because I have got the paperback version.