Judi's Reviews > To Command and Collar

To Command and Collar by Cherise Sinclair

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011, bdsm, e-book, erotica, rom-suspense, nov
Read on November 29, 2011

Well I waited eagerly for the next book in the Masters of the Shadowlands series, checking the LooseID website waiting “not patiently” for news of it’s release. Funnily enough about 20 minutes after I checked to find no new info, Cherise Sinclair tweeted out the book was finally available. HOLLA! Now this is a good news/bad news situation. A few clicks later and finally another Master in my hot little hands...bad news it was already after 1200 midnight. I sensed a late night in my future - how was I going to be able to stop once I started? I think it was a little after 300am when I finally had to put Raoul to bed...errrr away for the night. But I knew he’d be willing and waiting for me in the morning once I got a little shut-eye. Good thing about those Doms - they're always ready!

This is the 6th book in the Master of the Shadowlands series and to me they are like crack. The problem is once I’m finished (and I did finish this one in a day), the long wait begins before we get another tasty morsel from the world of the big, bad Doms. Ms. Sinclair needs to write faster!

To Command and Collar continues where Make Me, Sir leaves off. The ongoing investigation into the white slavery ring and putting a stop to these sick animals who kidnap innocent women to be trained and sold as sex slaves is still the major storyline. Master Raoul takes center stage as a potential slave buyer but on the night of the auction he is shocked when he comes face to face with a familiar face...Kimberly Moore - the missing best friend of Gabi (from Marcus and Gabi’s story Make Me, Sir). Raoul knows he’s going to blow the FBI’s undercover operation because he knows there is no way he can walk away from the auction as he was instructed to do and leave Kim in the evil clutches of the slavers - so he buys her.

The atrocities Kim has gone through at the hands of the slavers and a previous owner are heart-breaking and chilling to read. She is a broken, scared, but very determined to survive young woman. You can feel her fear, her trepidation at being purchased by a new owner and oh my goodness I had no idea how Ms. Sinclair was going to be able to write her story considering how damaged and scarred she was.

As usual the tenderness, caring and unbelievable kindness of the Masters is perfectly crafted and Master R lives up to the reputation Ms. Sinclair has created for her masterful Doms. But let us not forget after all these men are Doms, so Kim was not in for an easy time of it. But she really couldn’t be in any better hands than those of Master Raoul *sigh*?

While Kim is attempting to recover both her body and her spirit, she must still play a pivotal role in the FBI’s investigation. The slavery ring still needs to be brought down once and for all and abused and imprisoned women still need to be rescued. Despite all her fears, Kim understands her role and agrees that she must continue to play the submissive to Raoul’s Dom no matter how much she is scared to assume the role. Under Raoul’s careful ministrations and training Kim comes to discover some startling revelations about herself.

The return of a vengeful owner, Master Grenville had me right along with Kim quaking in her stilettos (well mine were slippers). My heart was pounding during the confrontation and I couldn‘t turn the pages fast enough. It was nerve wracking and anxiety inducing considering the plans this a-hole had planned for Kim. Kim showed amazing strength and resilience during most of the telling of To Command and Collar considering her past experiences at the hands of brutal, deranged men.

To Command and Collar was another solid addition to the series. Although we do see a lot of familiar faces from past books in the series and these Doms and their subs are seriously fun to catch up with, a lot of the action happens outside the walls of Shadowlands.

My final word to Ms. Sinclair: Please write many more books featuring the Masters of the Shadowlands and please write faster. Thank You...Me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Command and Collar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Judi! I love Raoul - he is such a tender and caring guy!

Judi Thanks Baba! He is special as are all the guys in their own ways.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Judi wrote: "Thanks Baba! He is special as are all the guys in their own ways."

Yes, but IMO Raoul is "especially special"! LOL

message 4: by Lynsey (new) - added it

Lynsey Great review Judi! Can't wait to read this. I too am wearing my slippers while reading this..lol. Like you, I get totally consumed by the masters and so I'm a bit scared to start this if I've got anything that I need to do! Work and sleep be damned!!

Judi Lynsey: Once you start you will for sure want to finish it so you are smart to plan to read it without interuptions. Enjoy!