Sherilyn Lipke's Reviews > Feed

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Mar 25, 12

bookshelves: futuristic, horrible-ending, science-fiction, ya-fiction, dystopian
Read from March 21 to 25, 2012

Ok, so first off: I whined like a newborn baby about this book to everyone within earshot. The use of language is TERRIBLE. I could barely survive past the first few chapters. The author uses all these crazy terms and words and it's difficult to even understand what's happening. Also; swearing is now totally cool.
Now to characters, way to make the characters shallow, human, and full all at the same time. I feel like Titus (the main character) had really normal reactions to Violet. I feel like Violet had very normal teenage girl reactions. That was pretty normal. Shallow, they all were really into being hip and in, and while that's the point, I thought the whole point of the book would be how to get past that and I didn't see that happening.
Violet. Oh Violet. First off, she's is obviously the rebellious one. You can tell from the beginning. I liked her at first, but honestly, I understood Titus almost more (which surprised me)at the end.
The plot was choppy. I picked up this book expecting one story, and got an entirely different one. Sometimes that's a good thing, but in this case, I don't think so.
The only reason I didn't drop this book down to two stars is because somehow it engaged me. Somehow I got sucked in and had to finish it. The characters pissed me off and the story made no sense, but I couldn't just set it down. I think that I might have kept reading it because I wanted to go where it should have. I was expecting more.
This book takes dedication. I only would choose this book if you need a read that can take a while. If you're on a reading binge, I wouldn't suggest this, probably because it will slow everything down.
Also: THE ENDING SUCKS.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.

03/23/2012 "So I'm a few chapters in, and I am already wanting to put it down. The author is using a "futuristic" lingo type language, which is cool, but it also means I don't understand it at all. Not sure if I'll finish it or not."
03/23/2012 page 59
19.0% "Ughhhhhh. I wish they would stop using all that terminology! I really like the interactions between the main character and Violet so far, but that's probably just because I read the summary and am expecting a romance. I am seriously just debating giving up and I don't do that often."