Susan's Reviews > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis is book 2 in the Chronicles of Narnia.

"Narnia … the land beyond the wardrobe, the secret country known only to Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy … the place where adventure begins. Lucy is the first to find the secret wardrobe in the professor's mysterious old house. At first, no one believes her when she tells of her adventures in the land of Narnia. But soon Edmund and then Peter and Susan discover the Magic and meet Aslan, the Great Lion, for themselves. In blink of an eye, their lives are changed forever."

C.S. Lewis' originality of voice insures that The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is sure to remain a charming classic for future generations. Lewis fills his books with amazing details and mythic creatures that make me wish I had a wardrobe of my own as a portal to travel to fantastic lands. It was simply a delightful read and I'm glad I picked it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Hannah If you like Narnia, you should check out the "King of the Trees" series by William Burt. I've read all six books in the series. I hear the author is writing more. I think they are better than Narnia, but that's just my opinion. They make nice readalouds, because each book has a pronunciation guide and glossary at the back. The web site is http://www.greencloaks.com. It's a fun site.