Judy Iliff's Reviews > Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero

Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in September, 2011

Thunder Dog was offered by Amazon at a special price on 9/11, so I bought it, and I'm glad I did!

This is one of the more inspirational stories I've read in the past few years. I learned lots and wished I'd known more when I was in the classroom. I had only 2 deaf students in my 30+ years of teaching, but after reading this book, I think I could have done some things differently.

Michael Hingson and his dog Roselle were on the 78th floor of Tower 1 at the World Trade Center when the first plane flew into the tower. The tower tips and people start to panic. With the help of Roselle, Michael and his friend Dennis lead many people down all 78 floors of the tower to safety. The lessons learned by Michael, who shares them with the reader, are applicable to everyone.

This is, as I already said, a truly inspirational story and one, I think, you will think about for many days to come after finishing the books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thunder Dog.