Mike's Reviews > I Know I Am, But What Are You?

I Know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee

1041993
Oct 26, 15

did not like it
bookshelves: audio
Read in September, 2011

Including this one. I've read five comedian autobiographies in the past year. This was the least essential. Tracy Morgan's was about coming up with a hard life and using comedy to work through the pain. It wasn't very good, but it had a reason for being. Sarah Silverman's was about all the weird twists a comedian's life can take and what it's like to be a woman in show business. Not going to win a Pulitzer, but better than Tracy Morgans and also had a reason for being. Tina Fey's was about how hard work and preparation can lead to success if you know the right people and are luck; also on the topic of woman in show business. Pretty good and informative. Patton Oswald's was about what weird experiences shape a person into a comic and how that person claws his way into the business. Good and insightful.

Samantha Bee's book was about nothing and left me with nothing. I'm not sure why I made it to the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Know I Am, But What Are You?.