Michelle (Much Loved Books)'s Reviews > The Butterfly Clues

The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison

Sep 25, 11

Read in September, 2011

I got my copy of The Butterfly Clues from netgalley but if I saw this book in a shop I would buy it alone for its cover. It may not be one of the prettiest covers I have seen, but the way the butterfly is splatted with blood would draw me in straight away.
From reading the description is doesn't give you a good idea of Lo. When I made a start on The Butterfly Clues I realised pretty quickly the Lo has some OCD and Kleptomania issues, but rather than it working against Lo, it helps to bring out her own individual character and she defiantly stands out in my head.

I really enjoyed reading The Butterfly Clues, Kate Ellison has done a good job of putting us inside Lo's mind, and gives us a chance to see how she thinks and the reasons she does certain things. I liked how she met Flynt and how he makes her feels better and takes her for who she is, even with her issues.

For a while when reading The Butterfly Clues I was wondering what the butterfly pendant was all about, and when we are eventually told the reason for its existence in the story it explains a lot, why Lo was so connected to it, why she thinks she is sensing Sapphire's spirit trying to help her solve the murder, and how in the end, Sapphire and Lo are connected to each other in a shocking way.

It took me a few days to read The Butterfly Clues, mainly because I am dividing my time with different reads, but if I was focusing on this book alone, I could have finished it in one sitting, it was hard to put it down each night and I really wanted to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Butterfly Clues.