Anthony Chavez's Reviews > Satan Burger

Satan Burger by Carlton Mellick III

Sep 18, 11

bookshelves: bizarro
Read in September, 2011

Welcome to Rippington, the Capital of New Canada!

This was a good read. I half expected an extreme book that was bashing the church, but it definitely isn't that. The narrative was different, and due to it being Mellick is was well written and interesting. It flowed nicely, and had a bunch of characters I could really get attached to. Mellick has a way of painting pictures that are almost poetic, at times I could really picture the scene being drawn before me. It is definitely bizarro/avant punk, it has some odd philosopy, almost truck stop at end of the world Hitchhiker's guide'esque.

Afterward I wanted to ask someone what they thought, and could only turn to Goodreads to see what other's were thinking of it. The main feature of Rippington is the "Walm," an portal through which pours a slew of aliens. "God" creates The Walm to trade people with other planets, as Earth was getting bored with just humans. Then "God" has also decides that heaven is overpopulated, so he quits accepting new souls; moreover, people can't die, they just become zombies. With hell also put out of business, Satan shows up and decides to open a hamburger joint.

Let the wild and crazy that is bizarre begin!
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Satan Burger.

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea That sounds like a lot of fun, actually! I haven't read any Mellick yet -- I'm a little afraid of them, LOL. Especially this one -- that cover makes me squeamish.

Anthony Chavez I have to say the cover's and titles of Mellick's books, as I've now read 4-5 of them, I can't remember, are very misleading. It's almost like he wants the reader to be sure they want to read his work and be a little caught off guard before reading it.

message 3: by Adamsolympia (new)

Adamsolympia If there is a hell., this author is on his way..lol.

message 4: by Adamsolympia (new)

Adamsolympia If there is a hell., this author is on his way..lol.