Mel's Reviews > Phantom

Phantom by Christopher Pike

Oct 09, 11

bookshelves: ya, vampires

This fourth book takes a very different turn for Alisa. She is no longer a vampire, but human again. And when she discovers she is pregnant she realises that sometimes, having everything you ever wanted will not make you happy. Instead of action, this time we get more introverted discussions as Alisa is torn between love and right. That’s not to say there isn’t blood involved – this is a book about vampires!
Christopher Pike has always had a fascination with the spiritual side and this shows here with miracle births, discussions on what love means and of course Krishna. I personally like that as it adds extra layers to what might otherwise be a fairly lightweight YA books, but it’s not everyone.
I read this book in a single sitting on the train – again less than 200 pages of very easy to read story. I definitely connect to Alisa more this time – although I was horrified by what she was doing half the time. As before the book ends on a cliff-hanger – more of one than before if you ask me and I do want to know what happens next to Alisa, her daughter and of course Seymour.
Recommended for fans of Alyson Noel and Carrie Jones

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantom.