Julie's Reviews > Bookplate Special

Bookplate Special by Lorna Barrett

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: cozy-mysteries
Read from September 17 to 19, 2011

In this additon to the Booktown Mystery series by Lorna Barrett, Tricia Miles once again finds herself facing another corpse. However, in this installment the corpse it hitting close to home because it is her college roommate, Pammy Fredericks. Not only did Tricia get fed up with Pammy's way of living but Pammy stole from her which was the last straw. Tricia will have to get dirty to try to understand her "sort of" friend.

I really enjoy this series. However, I am not a huge fan of the protagonist, Tricia Miles and the more I learn about her the more I have no connection to her character. She is thin and good looking. She went to a Ivy League college. She got divorced but the fact that her ex-husband just wanted to live freely does not seem to bug her. She even finds time to work out and she doesn't like sweets. Really, this character is almost to perfect at times. I can not relate to this character at all. In her relationship with Russ I never felt a connection between the two characters which could be the reason the break-up had no significance.

Although, I am not a huge fan of Tricia all of the supporting characters I absolutely adore and that is they are the reason I love this series. In this book the reader gets to enjoy a speical day with Grace Harris and Mr. Everett which is just lovely. I enjoyed learning more about Ginny. She is probaly my favority character. She is straight-forward and a hard worker. She has goals but it struggling in her current situations and she appreciates everything Tricia does for her. I am looking forward to hearing more about her future in the upcoming book/s.

I am hoping in Chapter and Hearse I will begin to feel a connection to Tricia, but with or without a connection I will continue to read the Booktown Mysteries and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys a cozy-mystery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bookplate Special.

09/17/2011 page 31