Debbie Hoskins's Reviews > What Color Is Your Parachute? 2005: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers

What Color Is Your Parachute? 2005 by Richard N. Bolles

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: archetypes, classics, creative-how-to, free-therapy, intelligent, love-the-illustrations
Read in January, 2005 — I own a copy, read count: 2

What Color Is Your Parachute? was so helpful in the mid-80'swhen I was trying to figure out what to do with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music with a special interest in mysticism in the arts.
In 2005 I started my job crisis. Hated my job or hated the bureaucracy of my job. We live in MI, so my husband lost his machinist job and retired. So my family is dependent on me. It just told me that I had picked the right profession. I just had to put my big girl panties on, distance from the stuff I don't like about my job, and be able to fuel with fun and adventure when I'm not working.

I've always liked Bolles observation about our culture that we need to mix education-work-and fun. Right now, youth is when we concentrate on education. Middle age is work and Retirement is fun. I've always tried to mix it up - just need to keep working on it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Color Is Your Parachute? 2005.