Cameron Riley's Reviews > The Kin

The Kin by Peter Dickinson

Sep 17, 2011

Read from September 17 to November 09, 2011

The Kin by Peter Dickinson was a good read that was worth the while. I personally thought that is was an excellent book. the book is about a group of people in an ancient Africa who are trying to survive the harsh lands. The book is split up into four different sections to tell one big story. the book is split up into stories told by the perspective of four different characters. the characters telling the story are Suth, Noli, Mana, and Ko.

Out of the four stories the one that I really enjoyed was the one from the perspective of Suth. Suth and the rest of his clan, the Moonhawk, are leaving their homeland after their village has been burned down. Theirs is eight kins people, but they are all small children. the oldest one of the people is Suth who is around thirteen at the time. since his village was burned down he could not go through the rights to become a man.

Suth leads his people through harsh and nicer parts of Africa to try to lead his followers to a good place where they can live ad relax. at one point they find another tribe of people who is troubles by an leopard. the men of the tribe and Suth engaged the leopard and they killed it. the leopard gave Suth a scar on his cheek, a scar that meant he started to become a man
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kin.

message 1: by David (new)

David Ambrose 35/50. Nice details. I'd be interested in checking that one out. It sounds unique. For a higher score, try elaborating a bit and telling me more of your opinion.