LibraryLass's Reviews > The Prince of Midnight

Apr 25, 08

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2008
Read in April, 2008

Contains SPOILERS!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am not a raving fan of Kinsale but I did enjoy this one. It was different in that the majority of the book was written from the hero's point of view. This made for a nice change. What also made a nice change was that S.T. the hero fell in love and recognised his feelings way before Leigh, the heroine.
I also liked that BOTH S.T. and Leigh had flawed characters. It wasn't just that S.T. was deaf and suffered from vertigo, but that he fell in love at the drop of a hat. Leigh had suffered terrible losses in her life and this made her cold and bitter towards life and especially S.T. Another reviewer found this off-putting as Leigh didn't soften for most of the book, I , however, found this extremely refreshing and honest. Leigh lashed out at S.T. in what I thought was quite a realistic way. (I could imagine saying those things to him if I was coming from the place she was). I LIKED the fact that Leigh didn't turn into a simpering girl just because S.T. professed his love.
I also liked the honesty towards the end of the book when S.T. has trouble committing to 'staying'. I thought this was a very real aspect of his character which was well played out.

The only thing that was a bit jarring for me was Leigh wanting to go "on the run" with S.T. - it wasn't that I didn't want her to go but the author didn't lead me to how Leigh got to her decision. It just seem to happen with no lead up to it, I had no indication of her thoughts about it.

Even so, I found it refreshing, I read it in one sitting as well so it kept me interested the majority of the way through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince of Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie (jjmachshev) Thanks Wendy,
I just got this one thru PBS!!
J

LibraryLass Happy reading, J.

Wendy