Jay's Reviews > Ricochet

Ricochet by Sandra Brown

2419499
Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, goodreads-giveaways-and-first-reads, my-lesbianism-let-me-show-you-it, redrum, tab-a-in-slot-b
Read from September 17 to 24, 2011

I won this book as part of Goodreads giveaways and first reads.

I had a rather nice, long, detailed review written up and then the window crashed and I lost it. Well, damn. So I'm going to try and piece it together again.

Having previously read Breakfast in Bed by Sandra Brown, I was hoping that this book was an improvement on her previous literary works. It is- Brown has grown as an author, and her plots are now better detailed and her characters less contrived. There are some of her trademarks- luscious, beautiful women trapped in loveless marriages, strong moral codes, that sort of thing. And there are the sex scenes I skipped over. But for the most part, Brown has really grown as an author.

Not being much of a fan of thrillers, I can't really comment on that aspect of this book. From what I've read, though, there are the moral grey areas and the supposed big 'twist' at the end. Or is that giving too much away? Anyway, it was a good book to read, but the reason I'm voting it so high is because of Brown's big improvement as an author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ricochet.

09/18/2011 page 45
09/19/2011 page 151
30.0% "Quite enjoying this free book."
show 1 hidden update…