Emily Benoit's Reviews > Hooked

Concept/ideas: 4/5
Characters: 3.5/5
Storyline/Plot: 4/5
Rating: 3.5/4 stars

This book was really good. Not as good as I thought maybe it would be. But still definitely good. I was expecting more of an easier plotline, but it actually goes along with a pretty in depth feel and alot of thought within the story... more than you'd expect. It went pretty fast, and the book takes place over a span of about 3 years from the very beginning, to the very end. There were some slow parts, but every word, every page... it all was important to the storyline. I found myself a lot of the time thinking "Oh my god, what's going to happen now?!". There were so many parts where I didn't know what Thea was going to do, and it worried me, believe it or not. Knowing how far she came throughout the book, I was hoping certain things were not going to happen by the end. This book touches a lot on the subject of love, and how it is not always going to come out to be as easy or predictable as we all sometimes hope. But this book was very good, and deeper than I believed it was going to be. You find yourself getting attached to the characters, and it's hard to say goodbye by the end. I reccommend this book most definitely!! I love Catherine Greenman, and I look forward to more books and works by her. I guess I could say that the only thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that sometimes the plot got a little confusing, and you didnt really understand what was going on, or at times, I believed I missed something, because sometimes it seemed as if the characters weren't explaining their feelings well enough and I thought they meant something else, until later on in the paragraphs, where they elaborated more on what they were talking about before. This was a ittle irritable, but you get used to it, and soon catch on. It's hard to explain what I mean about this, haha.

GO CHECK THIS ONE OUT FOR SURE :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked.