Yvonne's Reviews > Selfish Reasons to Have More Kids: Why Being a Great Parent is Less Work and More Fun Than You Think

Selfish Reasons to Have More Kids by Bryan Caplan

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in August, 2011

I was tempted to add this book under humor but decided that would give a false impression. This book is serious. The author is an economist and as everyone knows economists know everything and can explain everything. Unfortunately many of those who follow the works of today's economics is everything forget that there are any other disciplines that have valid and accurate information. Others looking at the4 same information might well have different interpretations of the data.

I'm all for having more kids. But, Caplan wants us to believe that everyone wants kids for the same reason and they all want the same things for them as well. His thesis is that since kids are more influenced by their heredity than they are by their upbringing parents should relax and figure out ways to make this easier on everyone. This will put more fun into the relationship which will basically end when the child turns eighteen.

I wasn't convinced by his arguments. Maybe you will be.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selfish Reasons to Have More Kids.