AudioBookFans's Reviews > Step on a Crack

Step on a Crack by Mary Anderson

Sep 17, 11

Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

What an amazing audiobook! Step on a Crack by Mary Anderson was originally published in 1978 by Atheneum Books and is making a comeback after the recent audio production by Iambik Audio.

This novel opens the flood gates into the mind of a teenage girl with a dark past. Sarah lives a wonderful life with her parents and only has two secrets. She has horrible nightmares about murdering her mother and after the nightmares, she steals. Nothing important, nothing fancy. The items Sarah “has” to steal to make the nightmares go away for awhile. It might be a scarf, a box of colored pencils or something similar. She always has the money to purchase the things but she has to steal them. Stealing seems to push the nightmares further away.

This is my second listen for narrator Xe Sands. What an outstanding job! I loved the narration of Sarah and Josie. Even though they’re both teenage girls, she gave them both such different voices. Sarah sounded so much more mature while Josie had a sweet, innocent tone. Sands’ narration brought this novel to life!

Check out my FULL review at www.audiobookfans.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Step on a Crack.