blueskies982's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Feb 03, 12

bookshelves: audio-book, romance-historical, read-2012, part-of-series, audio-historical-romance
Read in February, 2012

This book has gotten some *strong* reviews from people who live and people who loathe it. And here I add my review to the melee. I downloaded this book from Audible because it was highly recommended, got rave reviews and the description sounded fantastic. I listened to the first two of the five sections. I kept thinking, "What is the big deal with this book?" What really pooped on my parade while I was reading the book was Claire's grating personality and flawed logic. Why did the author sit down at her computer and think it was an awesome idea to venture into the moral ambiguities of time travel/marriage like this? Why? It would've been equally interesting/effective if she was a war widow. So, to balance out the forces in the universe I appeal to the person who enjoyed the story and characters. Maybe you hate a book that I love?

PS - I have a brand spankin' new copy of book 2 that I won't be reading. Send me a message if you wanna trade.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.