Karen & Gerard's Reviews > If You Ask Me

If You Ask Me by Betty White

Sep 16, 11

bookshelves: aging, animals, biographies-autobiographies, funny, inspirational
Read in September, 2011

This is a quick, fun, light read about Betty White. What impressed me most is that she is 89 years old when she wrote it! She is in good health and still has passion and enthusiasm. I enjoyed reading about her career, her pets, and her love for life and felt like old age doesn't have to be bad after reading this. It's uplifting. She has a great attitude as this quote from the first page indicates:

"However, if one is lucky enough to be blessed with good health, growing older shouldn't be something to complain about. It's not a surprise, we knew it was coming--make the most of it."

I was also surprised to find out she has quite a collection of stuffed animals. We have stuffed animals all over our house; hers were in one room. I loved that she turned down roles that went against what she believed in or that she did not find funny.

I knew she was an animal lover and liked her in The Mary Tyler Moore show as the "Happy Homemaker" and in The Golden Girls TV show too; consequently, I was eager to read this book and was not disappointed. Her humor comes through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Ask Me.