Kathryn's Reviews > My Friend, the Starfinder

My Friend, the Starfinder by George Ella Lyon

Sep 16, 11

bookshelves: childrens-picture-books
Read in September, 2011

4.5 STARS I'm not quite sure why I'm giving this such a high rating, but I just found it very magical and encompassing right away, with a great "voice" and really fascinating and creative illustrations. If I had a complaint, it's that the book felt a bit short (the ending abrupt) but I still thought it was great just for "transporting" me for a few moments into such a world of possibility and everyday magic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Friend, the Starfinder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathryn Abigail wrote: "That cover illustrations is fabulous! What is this one about...?"

It's really difficult to describe without giving the magic of the story away, which is why I didn't... it's basically a "true" story that reads a bit like a tall tale about how the man (when he was a little boy) caught a star, and danced in a rainbow, etc.

Kathryn Abigail wrote: "Hmm... It sounds intriguing (and I appreciate that you don't want to give the magic away!) - I think I'll add it. Thank you! :)"

I hope you like it! Really, I was surprised how much it touched me given it's not very long. The "voice" is just very strong, I think.