Bee's Reviews > More

More by Sloan Parker

Polyamorous stories are a tough thing to sell me, but this time it was pretty successful. I liked the characters, believed in the relationship and was entertained by the dramatic, even if slightly over-dramatic, plot.

Luke Moore has rules he lives by, and no one will make him change them. That’s what he thinks, until he meets Richard and Matthew. Luke’s father hates him and has done everything in his power to change the sordid way he lives. Luke’s been moving around the city, trying to shake his father’s tail ever since he left college. He’s gotten used to always looking over his shoulder and taking detours to wherever he’s headed, just so his father’s stalkers will lose sight of him. He’s made it a rule to never let anyone close to him, and never sleep with anyone more than once. When Richard and Matthew enters his life he’s unable to follow his own rules, and soon they’ve gotten closer to him than anyone ever before. He can’t make himself leave them, but he knows that the moment he started caring for them was the moment his father got the power to hurt him all over again…but this time Luke is willing to fight for the men he loves!

This story is pretty long and pretty great. The love story is different and moves me. I can so buy that these three men are in love and have a wonderful relationship dynamic that works just for them. The sex is hot, sometimes a bit repetitive…but not so much that it’s worth complaining about. The action story is a bit…tiring at times though. It was pretty obvious to me what the motive was for Luke’s father’s unrepentant hatred as soon as Luke went to talk to his father’s first childhood friend. That part of the story was good for tension, but just tad overkill. (view spoiler)

I liked that all the characters were flawed and had good or bad sides that conflicted with their general personality. They felt very human. I also loved that this book really advocated for safe sex, and the message that you shouldn't have unprotected sex with anyone until YOU are ready. It was a nice read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More.