Natalya's Reviews > The Falcon and the Sparrow

The Falcon and the Sparrow by M.L. Tyndall

Sep 16, 11

bookshelves: christian-fiction, historical-fiction
Read in September, 2011

I love a good christian/ historical fiction, but this was not good christian/historical fiction. Oh it wasn't the writing, or the plot so much. It was the characters and their relationships and the way they handled situations. The characters never looked for an alternate way to fix their problems, never examined the way they kept making the same stupid mistakes. The romantic angle felt stilted and set up. The lead man and lady always fell into these really awkward situations and neither of them possessed the propriety or sense ,for goodness sake, to deal with eachother honorably. They were attracted to one another only by looks, not by character qualities or beliefs.It never seemed to bother the leading lady that she loved a non-christian!Then the leading idiot man kept having these dreams about his dead wife. The author implied that the wife was actually interacting with him! And when a major characters died, I didn't feel anything. I cared so little about the people involved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Falcon and the Sparrow.