Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls by Mia James

Dec 23, 13

bookshelves: review-books, uk-author
Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

I enjoyed the first book in this series and am always a bit hesitant when starting the second book in a series as often they don't quite meet the expectations I've built up in my head for how the story is going to go. I am pleased to say in this case I think I enjoyed book 2 even more and am once again left on tender hooks waiting to see what happens next.

I liked how this book did all of the things I liked in book 1 just as well. I loved the dynamic between April and her friends. I loved the feel of the places and the way the story is told to make you guess and keep you guessing throughout. What I really loved that was in addition to this the book took the storyline and developed it even further and moe involved making it more and more interesting.

As I said the plotline thickens throughout the course of the book as April delves deeper into the vampire world and starts to learn more about her role as Fury. I loved seeing how she dealt with all these different things being thrown at her and I love her as a character s she is both kick ass at times and such a teenager at others. There are plenty of plot twists and revelations which I never saw coming and I love it when a book can catch me unawares like that.

Don't get me wrong there are parts of this series which I am a little dubious about. There are similiarities between this book and other vampire books in the genre but I do like that it is a British offering.

I am very much looking forward to the final book in the series and am not sure whether I'll be able to stand the wait. An awesome series that I would genuinely recommend to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.