Kelly's Reviews > Zombies Don't Cry

251943
Sep 16, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2011, ebooks, free-ebooks, urban-fantasy
Read from September 16 to 22, 2011

I had a conversation on Twitter a few months back where someone told me that they couldn't imagine a Zombie as a love interest in a book. Now, we were talking about smutty books at the time and honestly the idea of a zombie rotting it up while he or she is trying to get busy with their significant other still kinda makes my stomach turn. Uggh. Parts. Gross. Parts falling off at inopportune moments. Even grosser.

But that's neither here nor there.

These aren't your regular rotting on the vine flavor of zombie. These boys and girls can pass as normal. Mostly. Sure, they're a little grayish and their body temperature is well below normal but they think and feel like normal folk. And who's to judge if they need the occasional infusion of brain matter? Not me! I say, power to them! Eat those brains and be happy!

The point here is that it turns out that Zombies can fall in love. Maddy has a crush on Stamp even after she's zapped. Dane has his eye on Maddy and he's been zombiefied for quite some time. I'd even have to say that the bad zombies seem to have emotional ties to one another. Of course, their idea of a date involves chasing unsuspecting individuals through graveyards and making them scream as they bleed, but whatever. I don't judge. Zombies need love, too.

All in all, this was a fun, imaginative take on zombies. I thoroughly enjoyed Maddy and her crash course in living as a zombie. I liked Stamp but I loved Dane. If all zombies came in Dane flavor, I think the ladies would be lining up to join the zombie revolution.

Maybe that last one is just me.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombies Don't Cry.