Rosa's Reviews > Heartless

Heartless by Gail Carriger

1913711
Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011, steampunk, vampire-fiction, scifi, mystery, historical-fiction
Read from September 14 to 16, 2011

Alexia is extremely pregnant and trying to figure out who is threatening the Queen and why. She refuses to let her pregnancy put her out of commission. She fears that this is related to her husbands old packs attempt on the Queen, so she begins to look into the past. She learns unexpected information not only about the pack about about her own history as well.

I finally feel like Alexia is back to being the tough lady that I met in the first book, and because of that I no longer feel quite so frustrated. She wasn't willing to let anyone stop her from doing her job this time around. I was also super excited to learn more about Prof. Lyall, who has always been one of my favorite characters. He definitely has a lot of secrets and each one that gets revealed gives you a little bit more insight into him and the pack. I was super excited to learn that him and Alexia have a tie I wasn't expecting. I am also really beginning to like Biffy and I hope to see more of him.

I definitely didn't figure out the mystery ahead of time this time. To be honest I was so into watching everyone interact with each other that I forgot there was a mystery going on most of the time. But I liked the unexpected twists and I thought the solutions Alexia came up with will make for an interesting next book.

I definitely want to know more about the baby. Totally didn't understand why the Vampires are so afraid of her and I can't wait to what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartless.