Cherie's Reviews > Salem Falls

Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult

Oct 25, 13

If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. This is the second book I've read by Picoult, and she is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. She is immensely talented, knows how to grab the reader from the first page and not let go until way past the last. She weaves her tales with such delicacy and intricacy you forget you're actually reading a fiction novel and not part of the small town where it takes place. I can think of several "authors" who should take a class from her on how to effectively write a good story.
What I loved most about this novel is the ending. I won't give any spoilers, except to say I love open endings. Especially when they make you do a complete 180 about a character. The ending of this book didn't take me completely by surprise (I suspected), but I did have trouble falling asleep after because I was so roused by the turn of events in the last few paragraphs.
If I could spend the rest of my life reading books by Jodi Picoult, I think I could be very happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salem Falls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kalli (new)

Kalli I totally agree? Have you read The Tenth Circle? She uses graphic comic art as part of the story line (the father in the story is a graphic artist). It is creative use of two mediums of story telling. I liked it!

Clacie This is a fantastic review my friend!

Caitlin You should read A Perfect Match and The Storyteller next :) they're my favourites of hers

Karisa I agree! The last line in the book sent my head spinning. I want to reread the book now knowing about her father what we find out on the last page.