Lilly Gayle's Reviews > Somewhere My Love

Somewhere My Love by Beth Trissel

Oct 16, 11

Recommended for: Those who love historical romance and the paranormal.
Read from October 14 to 16, 2011

Sometimes, lovers get a second chance.

When British-born Julia Morrow arrives at Foxleigh, an historic old home in Virgina for a summer job, she becomes fascinated by the portrait of Cole Wentworth, murdered 200 years before on the night he proposed to another British beauty, Julia Maury. When modern day Julia meets Cole's ancestor, Will, she's convinced they've met and loved before. Now, she must convince Will she's not crazy for seeing and reliving moments from the past and that he once lived as Cole--before history repeats itself.

I love historical romances and am fascinated by the paranormal. Somewhere My Love combines both in a haunting love story that spans two hundred years. Historical detail is woven into a murder mystery and romance from the past that spills over into the present in a thought-provoking, exciting story I couldn't put down.

Ms. Trissel moves seamlessly from present to past, drawing the reader into Julia's world as she remembers details from a previous life and love cut tragically short. I felt Julia's confusion as she tried to separate Will from Cole in her heart and mind. I thought I'd have a problem with the author making a modern-day woman a virgin, but Julia's character and back-story were written in such a way that it made perfect sense.

As Will is falling for Julia, he must decide between trusting his logical mind or trusting what his heart believes.

Are the ghosts haunting Foxleigh speaking to Julia and Will? Or have they both lived and loved before?

If you love ghost stories or stories of reincarnation, you'll love Somewhere My Love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somewhere My Love.