Mary Grace's Reviews > The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen

4202510
Sep 27, 11

Read from September 16 to 19, 2011

At first I was hesitant to read this book since it got mixed reviews - I was trying to see which weighs more. The reviews that I kept reading, or my urge to read it because I found it soooo intriguing. Well, I set aside the review and decided to succumb to my urge to read it. Plus look at that lovely cover! :D

Sasha is still trying to understand and learn the story behind her father's death - she was so desperate for answers that she wanted to try anything possibly to learn the truth. She was invited to join a secret society that promised to provide her with everything that she desires and that's where everything started.

I seemed to have a lot of emotions with this book. There were a lot of times that I felt sad and even pitied the characters for all their struggles. The conflict between Sasha and Jax was irritating but I somehow had to agree with it because of the nature of the characters. Sasha being an Anabo who doesn't know about sin and was born pure and free from temptation and Jax who was a Memphisto and a complete opposite of Sasha. I found myself commenting a lot of time to Sasha to just admit that she did want Jax in spite of his nature. The moment I got passed the first few pages, I got sucked and read the book until I finished it. It was very intriguing, the story being told in Sasha and Jax's point of views was confusing at first but soon became very engaging and added depth to the book. I would have love to read more of Eryx though. I felt that he wasn't too visible in the book to think he was supposedly the main villain in the story. The ending seemed to be abrupt and I thought that it needed more. But overall, The Memphisto Covenant is recommended. Caution to young readers though for the violence and the sexual content in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mephisto Covenant.

09/23/2011 page 439