Victoria's Reviews > Seducing an Angel

Seducing an Angel by Mary Balogh

Sep 20, 11

bookshelves: just-short-of-great, historical-romance
Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

This was a interesting book. I wouldn't say it was amazing, but neither would I say it was bad. It was a pretty fun read and I did admire Cass for having the courage to stand up in front of the whole ton, even though she knew they were talking about her. I also admired her for being so nice to Mary (her maid, cook, whatever), Belinda (Mary's daughter) and her companion. I forget her name. But still, she was willing to prostitute herself in order to continue supporting them. Not really prostitution, more like a glorious prostitution to a guy to be his mistress..

Hmm, this book was pretty good, its just that I found it rather dry at times. I loved the character development though. However, I just couldn't love Stephen. He's not your usual HR hot guy.. I dunno, but some things he did made me feel he was too nice. There's nothing wrong with being nice, I just felt it made him seem a little weak. Most of the time though, he was really sweet and an awesome hero!

I enjoyed the suspense in this one, and I must say the events at the end did take me by surprise. I did feel they happened a little too suddenly though, since before that, I felt that the pace was rather slow.

All in all, I enjoyed the book. Yes, there were its boring sides, and on the whole, the book didn't really inspire any great emotions in me. However, the plot was very well thought and planned out, with the character development being rather excellent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing an Angel.