mairywo's Reviews > Encyclopaedia of Snow

Encyclopaedia of Snow by Sarah Emily Miano

F 50x66
Sep 16, 11

bookshelves: fiction, snow, encyclopaedia, desert, island, shelf, 2006, office, 2-1
Read in April, 2006

I've loved winter and especially snow for as long as I can remember. And unconsciously I've waited for a book like this my whole life. It was one of those lucky purchases, I only bought it because of the title and the cover.[return]The whole book is a mosaic of poetic and philosophical stories, myths and scientific tidbits. A mosaic, just like life with and in the snow is to me. Snow in all its forms, be it on a sunny day in the mountains or during a harsh blizzard.[return]The thread that holds all the stories together is the snow and after a while one story sticks out as it is repeated in many different forms. Told from different perspectives and recounted at different points in time. It's a desperate and hopeless love story, yet it fills you with warmth. It also always circles around the same topic of ice, coldness and snow.[return]I simply love this book and I'm sure I'll discover more things the next time I read it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Encyclopaedia of Snow.