Kwesi 章英狮's Reviews > The Lost World

The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle

Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: owned, 2011, arthur-conan-doyle
Read from September 22 to 23, 2011

I don't like to end the book so soon, I really love this book although I expected something gorier like dinosaur killing the whole tribe or cannibals eat human flesh. Still, I did love this book in many ways and as long as I live I'll treasure this book forever. Hey, stop looking to me like that. I can still remember all the things I read from the book. Amen.

The whole journey started when a Gazette Irish journalist named, Malone, went go straight to the house of notorious Professor Challenged claims that dinosaurs exist. To give them proof the scientist sent away a team and of course himself to journey that they won't regret forever that talks about surviving, extinction and friendship. But when they went home, a sudden change of fate is waiting for them

This is a good book and reminds me of The Time Machine. It has the same narration with the book and the story was kind of documentation by letters of their journey through the land of extinction. There are boring parts in the book and mostly those parts are in the beginning before they left. Anyway, I recommend this book to everyone who loves to read Arthur Conan Doyle's works and people who love prehistoric animals.

As a science student I have problem regarding the usage of a scientific name on chapter 8. About Nuttonia vexillaria said to be a rare plant and the second word must start in small letters to follow the rules regarding naming a plant. But I'm not sure if the plant was in Latin because I did a research online and can't find the plant.

Another unconditional moment on the book was the fight between the Indian tribe and the Ape-men. I was so shock that I can't stop reading that part that I want to know what happened to them and in the end, my heart broke into pieces and nobody can help but to observe the real meaning of extinction. It was a great example and I think most of the readers find it interesting since it has a symbol of how things extinct in real world.

If you don't like spoiler please don't continue.

I also find the naming of the Lake funny and what happened to him and to the girl in the near end. I was so ashamed of him being too young minded bout love and so on. Although romance did not emphasize in the book, it happens that it was so funny that it keeps on popping in my head. The right part, they did not even proved everyone that dinosaurs exist and it was the best thing happened than killing extinct animals for selfish rights.

When Lord Roxton mentioned the blue gay, I have this feeling that diamonds exist from them. It was simple, I watch movies adopted from the book and they usually surrounded by blue clay or sand and same with the other books I read such as Sidney Sheldon's Master of the Game. And why I mentioned it, because everyone had their chance to make their dreams come true in the end. After a cup of coffee or tea, all their hard work payed in a very surprising way.

Review posted on Old-Fashioned Reader .

Rating: The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle, 4 Sweets

Challenges:
Book #256 for 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost World.

message 1: by Gian (new)

Gian kwesi kumpleto ka the underland chronicles by suzanne collins?

Kwesi 章英狮 Sad to say, nope. I'm not planning to read her other series because I was so disappointed in the third book of Hunger Games. Don't worry, I'll try to look for a copy soon.

message 3: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Oi, ang zusyal ha! Newly released lang yan 3-D covers ng Vintage ha! Though sadly wala silang kasamang 3-D glasses. Ahahaha! :D

message 4: by Kwesi 章英狮 (last edited Sep 23, 2011 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kwesi 章英狮 Ngek, the book included 3D glasses baka you misinterpret the blog post. It was said that the blog or blog post do not include 3D glasses for the viewing of the 3D covers but the book does! Nawiwili nga mga kaklase ko.

message 5: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "Ngek, the book included 3D glasses baka you misinterpret the blog post. It was said that the blog or blog post do not include 3D glasses for the viewing of the 3D covers but the book does! Nawiwili nga mga kaklase ko."

Ay oo nga, the error was mine. Dalhin mo sa susunod para mawili rin kaming tignan ito on 3-D. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Sige and I'll try to bring some of the books in 3D covers. Hehe.