Jessica (Books: A true story)'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Sep 11, 13

bookshelves: gilmore-girls, own, ebook-challenge-2012, kindle, re-read-2012, 5-stars, amazon, blog, paperback, content-everyone
Read from July 12 to 16, 2008, read count: 3

This is the third time I’ve read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I really enjoyed reading this along with Pottermore. Pottermore incorporates a lot of the details mentioned in the story. It was fun to pay attention to the little details this time since I know the story so well. I also liked reading the bonus material she wrote on Pottermore – it adds a lot to the story. I don’t know if I realized this before, but J.K. Rowling is excellent at showing and not telling. For example: “[Mr. Dursley] hummed “Tiptoe Through the Tulips” and as he worked, jumped at small noises.” She doesn’t have to say that he’s starting to lose it because I’ve decided that for myself. The books have so many fun characters that aren’t in the movies. I love how optimistic and humble Harry is. I also like how light-hearted and quirky the books are. The movies tend to focus on the darker aspects of the story. I never get tired of reading these books.

This book is also reviewed on my blog Books: A true story
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

07/14/2012 page 71
23.0% "I'm re-reading the ebook and going along with Pottermore. It's so fun!"