Jessica (Books: A true story)'s Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Don't get me wrong - I can relate a lot to Bella in this book. Oddly enough, my first break-up felt the same way. Her bitterness especially about how love gives someone the power to break you gets to me. But this book drags. There isn't much plot and even the conversations seem to take forever. Just spit it out already! And I don't like Jake. I know. Shoot me now. Jake is nice and he is the kind of guy I would have been friends with in high school, but I don't find him attractive. The whole book makes me feel anxious. And sad. And depressed. That being said, New Moon is my favorite movie so far. The pace was a lot better and it was just beautiful to look at. If the pace were faster I think I would like this book a lot more. The reason I love this book is that it makes you FEEL. Every time I read it, I just feel such gut-wrenching sadness. I know Bella is over-dramatic sometimes, but at the same time who hasn't felt the same way as she has? It's hard to judge her if you've ever had your heart broken. Even though you know it's not realistic, you feel like your world has fallen apart and you'll never be the same again. Stephenie is still sarcastic. Not often, but it's still there. Watch for it and it'll make you smile.

This book is also reviewed on my blog Books: A true story

3rd time re-read stats
Started October 28, 2011
Status Update October 31, 2011 10:20 pm page 225
Finished 10:20 pm November 3, 2011
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason, for anything.”
Stephenie Meyer, New Moon

Stephenie Meyer
“I'm embarrassed to admit that I more or less curled up into a ball and let the misery have me." He grinned, sheepish. "It was much more pathetic than hearing voices. And, of course, you know I do that, too.”
Stephenie Meyer, New Moon