Jessica (Books: A true story)'s Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

I feel like the subtitle for Eclipse could be “Let’s Feel Sorry For Jacob.” I can’t help but think that Jacob (in real life anyway) wouldn’t be comforted by his ex-girlfriend that he still can’t have. But that’s just me. Of all the books in the series, this one is by far the most romantic. There are so many scenes where Stephenie takes the time to just have some cute, romantic scenes between Bella and Edward. I find myself smiling and sighing at how cute they are. There are some great sarcastic lines and I’m surprised every time I read this book (this is the 3rd time now) at how sarcastic and funny the book is. Maybe Stephenie isn’t the most brilliant writer around, but she is a genius at characterization. Her characters never do what you think they should. They are unpredictable and realistic which is why people feel so passionately about them. It’s a testament to her characterization that people are so polarized on either Team Jacob or Team Edward. Go Team Edward!!

This book is also reviewed on my blog Books: A true story

3rd re-read status started November 5, 2011
status update: November 11, 2011 page 417 7:20am
Finished November 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“I'm really glad Edward didn't kill you. Everything's so much more fun with you around." — Emmett Cullen”
Stephenie Meyer, Eclipse

Stephenie Meyer
“I know you think that I have some kind of perfect, unyielding self-control, but that's not actually the case. - Edward Cullen”
Stephenie Meyer, Eclipse