Trish's Reviews > Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride

bookshelves: 2011
Read in November, 2011

Fiction; Christian/Romance
5 stars

Every time I finish a book like this one, I ask myself why I don't read more of them. Though considered part of the christian fiction genre, this book has all the great characteristics of a PG rated chick lit novel. It is delightful and romantic with that certain fun-loving quality, humorous tone typical of chick lit type books.

Sherilyn Caine and Emma Rae Travis have been friends since their college days. With virtually no family of her own, Sherilyn quickly gets received into the fold of the Travis family by Emma's parents, Gavin and Avery. Now, after years of living in Chicago, Sherilyn is headed back to Atlanta to be near both them and her fiance's family.

Quickly landing a job at The Tanglewood, Sherilyn works alongside Emma as the resorts wedding planner. While she possesses all the right skills to successfully execute dozens of fairytale weddings for her clients, getting her own marriage plans together proves to be most difficult. Two lost wedding dresses, a terrible allergic reaction and a mischievous drunk from 'down under' makes for an interesting ride.

I LOVED this book... with big X's and O's. It was funny, entertaining and it had a great cast of characters that I would love to meet. All of the various relationships portrayed throughout the book were fascinating without being overly "fluffy" or dramatic. I found myself giggling out loud several times and going back to re-read the parts that tickled me.

The story was well written and well paced. The ending was a bit predictible but satisfying none the less. I am looking forward to the third installment in this series so we can finally know the fate of Emma and Jackson.

If I had to say one negative thing about this book, it would be that reading Emma's yummy recipes at the start of my weight loss program was near torture. They sounded so sinfully delicious that it took all my willpower not to set the book down and run to the kitchen. Consider yourself warned. =)

Without a doubt, I give this book 5 big stars and highly recommend it to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elisa Nuckle I didn't know this was considered Christian fiction. It's definitely not the normal Christian fiction fare, and so far it's decent.

Sadya I whole heartedly agree with you. I was laughing out loud and wishing I was a member of their group