Lucia's Reviews > The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Feb 10, 10

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, bookoncdtapefinished
Recommended for: everyone! boys and girls
Read in September, 2009

I read this book over a year ago, and now I am listening to it in the car. It is so funny!!!!

First two chapters have me captivated and wishing I could just find a corner to read this quickly!!

and as it is finished, I wish I had more to read about this crazy, self-motivated kid. I am always enthralled by a book that can make me laugh and make me want to cry in the same page (or same sentence.)

Cheers to Sherman Alexie!!

There are many quotable pages, but one section hits home, when Junior's grandmother passes away, killed by a drunk driver while walking home from a powwow.

"When anybody, no matter how old they are, loses a parent, I think it hurts the same as if you were only five years old, you know? I think all of us are always five years old in the presence and absence of our parents."

"My Grandmother's last act on earth was a call for forgiveness, love and tolerance." Wish we could all live by that.
1 like · likeflag

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa I LOVE that chapter.

message 2: by Maryida (new)

Maryida Okay, I've had this book on the shelf for several months. I guess I'll get it down and read it.