Kevin Fanning's Reviews > The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Jun 20, 11

Read in April, 2008

June 2011:
Just re-read this over the weekend. Still so good. I can't even comprehend how you write an ending like this. Absolutely one of my favorite fictional characters.

April 2008:
I'm not even done with it yet, but stop what you're doing and start reading this book.

From an email to Sarah:

I am reading The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. If the 2nd half is 1/3 as good as the first half has been, it'll be one of favorite books of all time. That's math right there. It's SO GOOD. It's about the battle between good and evil in a teenage girl's soul. I.e. the warring factions of "OMG that boy is so cute I can't believe he wants to kiss me" and "Wait, he wants me to wear his shirt. What does that mean? Is he marking his territory? Am I his doll? Or is he just being nice?"

It's all about the societal structures and roles that boys and girls participate in, both willfully and blindly, and how it keeps teenage girls down. EXCEPT ONE.

It's so good it's so good it's so good.

All I have to add upon finishing it is that IT'S SO GOOD. I was wondering if was going to just continue along being pleasant and amazing and breezy, but no, at the end it got STRESSFUL, and then I got slightly TEARY, and then it got PERFECT.

Klara said that the last page is really good, and she was 100% correct. It's really good.
56 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.

Suzanne I just finished reading this book on your recommendation, and can I just say: WOW! What a good book! I'm so sad that I'm finished with it, I'm tempted to start again from the beginning. I was working my way through Twilight which was boring me to tears when this book finally came in at the library. Frankie is a heroine I can get behind.

Joanna Vaught I need to reread this. Regretting giving my copy to my niece.

Graili Maybe I should reread it too...