Greg Rothenberger's Reviews > Mama Does Time

Mama Does Time by Deborah Sharp

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read from September 21 to 22, 2011

This book had two things going for it: it's a light, cozy mystery and it's set in Florida. Those are both pretty high on my list of favorite things. Fortunately, it also had well-written (although frequently irritating) characters who were overall pretty like-able. If you like quirky characters (I do). The setting, in rural south Florida, was very well described. It's clear the author knows her locale, which she should, since she lives there. The plot was fairly standard, although I wouldn't call it predictable. There were plenty of red herrings to keep me guessing. Looking back, it should have been clear who the villain was, but I didn't figure it out until the main character in the story did. As you can tell by my finishing the book in two days, it's a pretty quick read. Sometimes, that's exactly what I'm looking for: a pleasant, quick read.

I would feel comfortable recommending this book to my mystery reading group, or anyone else who enjoys cozy mysteries. There's nothing in it to offend any except the most prudish readers, and very little violence. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mama Does Time.