Lauren's Reviews > Certain Girls

Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner

Aug 05, 08

Recommended for: the gals
Read in August, 2008

There is just something about Jennifer Weiner that I love. It could be that she is less than skinny, sort of Jewish, and from Philly (remind you of anyone?). Maybe I am vain, but I like books that I can relate to (at least a little bit) and that remind me of things that I know...like growing up Jewish, struggling with weight and then learning to love yourself, crazy hair, and of course all of the wonders of Philadelphia. And then of course there are things that I can't relate to in this book...like a crummy family, having a deaf child (or a child at all), and a rotten dad. This book is entertaining and a nice sequel to one of my all time favorites, "Good in Bed". The only thing that I wasn't thrilled about was the chapters that are written from the teenagers point of view that make you feel like you are reading a book written for teenagers. I guess that means she did a good job with the character, but I found it annoying as I don't frequently read teeny bopper lit. And I guessed the ending from about page 2. But it was a fun read. Definitely a recommendation for beach week.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Certain Girls.