Aimee's Reviews > Vesper

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ya, paranormal
Read in February, 2012

Vesper was a really interesting novel. I have to admit, I was intrigued the entire time trying to figure out what exactly is happening to Emily. The mystery was interesting and not easy to figure out right away, making this book just about impossible to set down.

I liked how Jeff Sampson didn't spoil the mystery for us. I can get pretty annoyed when an author spells everything out right away instead of leading the reader through everything and surprising them. We don't know what is going on and neither does Emily. She's struggling for answers and the reader is left on the edge of the seat, waiting to find out what is going on.

The only thing that brought this down a bit was the ending. There is a gap. I'm hoping this gap is explained in the next one, because I want to know how she ended up where she did. We get transcripts throughout the novel, where Emily is answering questions, we are assuming, in interrogation. I wasn't so sure I'd like that at first, but as the story progressed, it didn't give anything away. Instead, it seemed to heighten the anticipation of things to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vesper.