Nicole's Reviews > Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

Nov 09, 12

bookshelves: fav-ya, all-time-favs, paranormal, shifter, vampire, young-adult
Recommended to Nicole by: H.D.
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from September 16 to 21, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 5

Absolutely Brilliant....

This debut novel from H.D. Gordon has it all Love, mystery, suspense, and we have a nice love triangle going on to add into the mix. I have fallen in love with Gordon's Strong female heroine and her friends and family. This is going to be an amazing journey and I cannot wait for the next installment. Alexa Montgomery is one of a kind and so is this book, there is some much room for growth with her and a world of possibilities.

Grab your copy of this gem at $.99 on amazon because it is a steal and you will not regret it.

I am completely blown away by this novel and cannot believe this is Gordon's first. House of night and Vampire Academy fans will love this unique world.

One of the best Indie books I've read in a long time, Gordon shows so much promise, I can't wait for the next. This book was all about world building and Ms. Gordon leaves us all going ... What????? That's it???? Where is the next book??????? WHEN????

Well we now know it's just around the corner Half Black Soul was just announced it will be released January 31st 2012, whoa Nelly!

January 5th update

H.D. released a blog today telling us who she pictures when she writes Kayden....

Check out her blog here http://hdgordon.com/?p=205

March Update

Blood warrior Hits the top 100 for fantasy on Amazon!
34 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.

Quotes Nicole Liked

H.D. Gordon
“What, did I just step into the twilight zone?”
H.D. Gordon, Blood Warrior

H.D. Gordon
“A Searcher, a Wolf Son and a Warrior,” she announced. I suppressed a laugh. I almost expected her to say “walked into a bar.”
H.D. Gordon, Blood Warrior

09/18/2011
25.0% "Only 50 pages in and I am enthralled..."
09/19/2011
75.0% "WOW....."

Nicole Have you read it Tee?

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) Thanks for the suggestion, Nicole! I think the cover can still be improved upon though. :)

Nicole LOL!!! I know she actually is already working on that!

message 4: by Noemi (new) - added it

Noemi thanks for the recommendations...now I really want to read it!

Nicole Book 2 is coming out Jan 31st 2012, I can't wait!!!

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla Wow! Excellent review. I'm going to grab this right now.

Nicole Thanks! You wont regret it!

✿~[z๏ℯy]~✿ thank you for recommending. this looks like a book i'd like.

message 9: by Meg ♥ (last edited Jan 19, 2012 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Meg ♥ I agree. This book was really good, and no offense, but the cover screamed "cheap book" but it blew away my expectations!

message 10: by Alease (new) - added it

Alease Monestela Haven't heard of it but thx for the i dea i need a new book to read.

Nicole meg, poor indie authors just don't have the same resources, but I know after book 2 comes out she plans to do a face lift on this one

Great Alease let me know what you thought of it!

Meg ♥ I completely understand that. I didn't mean anything except to say that I expected it to be an average book, but it was very good. :-) Also, I just saw book 2 cover and it's really cute!

Nicole Oh I know! sometimes you cant tell a book by it's cover, lol!

Half Black Soul she had professionally done, it's Nelly on the cover. And yeah Amber (artist who did the cover) is awesome!

Tanecia Am I the only one who loves the first cover? I'm hoping that when I buy a copy I will get the old cover!

Nicole Lol, no u are not alone. I thought you had one of the old paperbacks?

Tanecia Nicole wrote: "Lol, no u are not alone. I thought you had one of the old paperbacks?"

I was planning on buying one a while back but didn't get around to it.... When I go to Barnes & nobles they have the old pic so I'm hoping when it gets here it will be that one! ?