Holli's Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: i-own, favorite-ya-authors, high-action, kindle-for-pc-books, paranormal, romance
Read on December 31, 2011

Aiden ... Swoon.

Merged review:

Uniquely different from my normal reads. If you like VA you will like this read, though surprisingly enough, I didn't like VA, but enjoyed this one. It was just more tasteful, in my personal opinion. Not a fluff book, however. Would recommend to those who like books that are based off Greek Mythology.

Review to come!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

Quotes Holli Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“ALEX: “How come you smile when you knock me down?”

AIDEN: “It’s the little things that make me happy.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half-Blood

♥Rachel♥ Yay Holli you liked this. It was really good! :)

Holli I LOVED it! :) I picked it up and didn't put it back down till it was finished! LOL Looking forward to book two! :)) Have you read the prequil, Daimon?

♥Rachel♥ Yes, it was really good too. Did you read it?

Holli Not yet. I have it on my nook, just have to sit down and read it. Haven't done any reading since yesterday. :)

Holli Is it just me, or did it remind you of VA also?

♥Rachel♥ Oh yeah, there's a lot of talk about that too. If you read some of the reviews it's mentioned quite a bit.

Holli I liked it a lot better though. I dunno, maybe I was PMS'n when I started VA, ... but I couldn't get past book two. I really enjoy books that are mixed with Greek Mythology, though.

Paola I loved this book also :o) Looking forward to read the next one.

Holli Yeah, you read it too!?

♥Rachel♥ I think there were a lot of similarities in the beginning but as the book progressed they felt very different. I loved both VA and this one though. I'm looking forward to the next book too, Paola! Thank goodness Jennifer isn't making us wait a whole year for it!

Holli It comes out early this year, right?

Paola I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to many great books coming out this month.

Holli Too many, Paola! LOL

♥Rachel♥ Pure comes out April 3rd this year. Yay!

Paola I can't wait to read Cinder. Oh and I need to read Bloodrose even though I heard some really nasty reviews about it.

♥Rachel♥ I'm not sure if I can even read Bloodrose now after what Kristina said. I have it pre-ordered though. :(

Holli Yeah!!! April is not that far of a wait! EEEK! Yeah, I am way disappointed in Andrea with Bloodrose now too. I think it may just sit pretty on my shelf. So heartbroken over that!!! Sigh*

Paola Kristina didn't tell me what happens. Strange how it got almost 5 star ratings. I will read it and see what happens.

Holli Those ratings might be from people anticipating it but who haven't read it yet. Or from ARC's, ... but Kristina told me what happened and I am not a happy camper. I had much different hopes for the ending. :(

♥Rachel♥ Let me know what you think Paola. I think I'm going to hold off on this one. :)

Holli I'm with you, Rachel. I'll wait for Paola and see what she thinks! Bwahahahaaaaa ... still, ... knowing what I know, ... it may be the Apocalypse before I pick it up. LOL

♥Rachel♥ Same here Holli. I had Kristina tell me too, just because I could tell from her comments that whatever happened wasn't good. :(

I will probably eventually read this though.

Paola Anyone care to share the details? I don't know now if I should read it or just be happy with book one and two.

Holli My daughter is going to be far worse than me. She was the one who got me started on this series. I didn't have the heart to tell her what I know just that she wasn't going to be happy. I hope she doesn't put a hole in the wall with the book! LOL

♥Rachel♥ Do you really want to know Paola? I'll forward Kristina's messages on this if you do. But be prepared, it spoils the whole thing.

♥Rachel♥ Holli wrote: "My daughter is going to be far worse than me. She was the one who got me started on this series. I didn't have the heart to tell her what I know just that she wasn't going to be happy. I hope sh..."

I could see violence being a result of reading Bloodrose!

Holli It really does. :(

Paola I would like to know if possible. I will still get my copy on the 3rd since I have it pre ordered I just wont read it yet or maybe I will, I rather not be shocked when I read it.

Kristina Snyder I loved Half-Blood and VA too!!!! Half-Blood is similar in the beginning, but I think it does change throughout the book. I love Aiden, and at the end I started to really like Seth as well.

I hated Bloodrose which you all know that.Still can't quit venting over that. I am finally going to write my review tomorrow since I am off. I still haven't figured what to say. LOL

♥Rachel♥ Paola, I just messaged you with what Kristina told me.

Hey there Kristina! :)

Kristina Snyder Hey Rachel!!!! I fell asleep and just woke up. Now I am not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Paola I don't even know what to say! Andrea is just insane to have ruined a wonderful series like this. This is just horrible.

♥Rachel♥ I don't understand it at all, Paola.

Holli Total heartbreak for the literary world!

♥Rachel♥ Kristina wrote: "Hey Rachel!!!! I fell asleep and just woke up. Now I am not going to be able to sleep tonight."

Reading will cure that! Haha :)

Kristina Snyder Did you read what happens Paola? I have been venting to everyone at work about too. I really did almost throw the book. Worst ending ever. I don't know what she was thinking. I can't even go back and reread the first one like I usually do knowing what happens.

Paola I think I will still read it once it arrives. I understand that not all stories can have a happy ending so i'm just curious to see how it plays out and how well she wrote it. Although I still think it is very sad, I do love my happy endings.

Holli Let us know what you think!

Kristina Snyder When you all read it, we can vent together. LOL The writing was really good, just hated what happens. Gosh I am hoping That doesn't happen in the Firelight series now. I love Will, but fell for Cassian in the last book.

Paola Colleen better not ruin the Tiger series for us lol Imagine something stupid like this.

Kristina Snyder She better not. In that video chat, she says she likes her happy endings. I did hear that part on what we could hear. So hopefully, we are good.

Paola I love the Firelight series also. I hate when series get ruined.

Paola I loved the Wolves Of Mercy series BUT I wasn't to happy with the ending of Forever. It just left me a little confused and wanting more.

message 44: by Kristina (last edited Jan 01, 2012 09:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristina Snyder I didn't like that ending as well. It didn't close anything up. It left so many things open.

Holli She could have easily added a forth!

Paola I know!

♥Rachel♥ I think I would have been fine with Shiver being a stand alone book, it ended really well and complete. I would have liked if any additional books were more of a spin-off with Isabel and Cole as the main characters and maybe get a glimpse of Sam & Grace on the side.

Annie Brewer Okay I came in on a good convo here. I wanna read Firelight. Looks like a good book. I am having a slow start reading Half Blood but its not the book. I absolutely LOVE the Tiger's saga!! Can't wait for Destiny! I loved Wolves of Mercy Fallas....and yes it could have ended better. But she left it opened for us to conclude ourselves. I am excited for Bloodrose...regardless of the reviews!! :)

Holli I agree with you, Rachel! Would like a spin off of Cole and Isabel in the future! :)

♥Rachel♥ Cole and Isabel were delicious! :)

« previous 1