Reggie's Reviews > Presidents and Prophets: The Story of America's Presidents and the LDS Church

Presidents and Prophets by Michael K. Winder

Jun 01, 08

bookshelves: faith, lds, religion, non-fiction
Read in June, 2008

This is a very interesting book. It's more of an encyclopedia approach than a story. Each President is presented in chronological order with an overview followed by details.

I'm very interested in the lives of Church and National leaders so the whole premise was right up my ally. For example I've always wondered if US Presidents who meet with lots of spiritual leaders ever meet the prophet and come away thinking wow, there's something different about him. Now I know that Lyndon Johnson always felt uplifted after talking with David O McKay; and did so every chance he got. Gerald Ford called Spencer Kimball one of the greatest spiritual leaders in the world. Ronald Reagan always believed that the US had been raised up by the hand of God to be a moral leader for the world and often discussed this issue with Church leaders due to that idea being found consistently throughout the Book of Mormon.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Presidents and Prophets.