ttrygve's Reviews > Robot Visions

Robot Visions by Isaac Asimov

Apr 24, 2008

it was ok

(This review is equally applicable to both Robot Dreams and Robot Visions, so I'm copying this review for both of them.)

In all honesty & fairness, I didn't read all of this book. Unfortunately I went into this book knowing it was a collection of short stories, but not realizing that only a fraction of them were actually part of the same fictional universe that Asimov's Robot Series (and Empire and Foundation series) took place in (which was my reason for wanting to read the book to begin with).

The unrelated short stories wore on my patience, and I didn't find them all that engaging or thought provoking anyway, so I ended up using Wikipedia to figure out which robot stories followed which, and reading them in chronological order, skipping around in the Robot Dreams and Robot Visions collections (and just reading the plot summary on Wikipedia for the ones that are in other books I don't have, though there weren't many of those).

The robot stories I enjoyed. The title story from Robot Dreams seemed really fascinating, and I'd hoped it would be a jumping off point from which later stories would build, but I was disappointed there. I also really enjoyed Bicentennial Man and Feminine Intuition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Robot Visions.