Trudy's Reviews > The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro

May 26, 08

it was ok
Read in May, 2008

The book is a series of articles that I believe were originally published in the newspaper... They are the Laurie Notaro's take on various situations: taking her grandfather to Safeway and nearly running him over when a truck backed up towards them while they were making off with the day old bread, explaining the 12 steps of being drunk, driving around looking for her "invisible" friend (invisibility is step 11), and on being one of the "dumb ones" versus the smart ones (to paraphrase: being a dumb one means you have less things to worry about since there are more things you don't know).

All in all, the stories are cute, but I continually thought of my friend Krista and the fact that the two of us are in the wrong profession if someone gets paid "good money" to sarcastically write about their misadventures in this world. What the heck did we waste our time on college for - we could make a mint doing this... sigh... Good coffee table read, I suppose...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club.