maricar's Reviews > Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors by Shannon McKenna

Apr 24, 08

bookshelves: romance, contemporary, series

Okay, so I'm thinking that maybe half this book is filled with nothing but sex--wild, tender, drawn-out, quick, no-nonsense sex. And yes, I'd admit that I grew a little tired of it after a while. Without a doubt it teteers perilously towards erotica.

In the risk of being stoned by feminists, I confess that I found Seth Mackey's near-obsession with Raine thrilling. I mean, really...what woman in her right mind would say no to that kind of man?? It didn't hurt that he's also intelligent, drily outrageous, and possessed of a rusty kind of heroism he didn't know he possessed. And Raine is that indecently gorgeous woman you SO want to hate out of envy but just can't 'cause she's actually very likeable (damn her!)--her adorable unselfconsciousness, her grace and level-headedness is the perfect counterpart to Seth's volatile character.

Chock-full of suspense and riddled with drama and wrenching human turmoil all around, Behind Closed Doors is one of the few contemporary risque reads I've really enjoyed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Closed Doors.