Kat Kennedy's Reviews > The Near Witch

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Near Witch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alyssa How ironic, I pre-ordered her book based on all the glowing reviews on GR and then discovered it was crap.

message 2: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy That truly is ironic!

message 3: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Hemenway Based on how similar a lot of our ratings are, I'm taking this off my to-read list!

message 4: by Celofán (new)

Celofán I was going to read one of her books, Vicious, as soon as it got published. And right now I can only say "WHYYYYY?!"

message 5: by Shanah (new) - added it

Shanah Davis I've noticed I've personally been turned off of reading VS, not for the reviews or ratings, because I haven't even looked that far, but because of her complaining about her book sales every time she opens her mouth.
God, I hope I never meet her because of this but "damn woman!" Shut up about every book sale counting and not bringing ARC's or borrowed books to book signings.
Some authors should realize that they only have great book sales because they're in the word of mouth business. Especially with YA.
They might as well tell their sweet fans to stop checking out their books from libraries.
If I'm ever blessed enough to get a book deal and have such a loyal fan base that they would stand in line so I could sign their books, that I would never be so negative, pessimistic, and penny-pinching as to make them feel bad for not bringing me a book they bought to autograph.
Authors, please shut your mouths. You're doing more harm than good to your book sales.
Oh, and if I were you, I'd make it a part of my job, if not a part of my character, to reply to every single kid or adult that loves those books enough to want to say how much they do.
It's twitter and you're published authors. You're not celebrities out in the open to get murdered by crazy fans. These are people who love your books and the best that could be done to brighten their day would be for you to take a few minutes to tell them thank you personally.
I'm not real impressed with published authors on Twitter, for example, who spend all their time there talking with other author friends but ignoring their fans. Way to go, writers who became authors.

message 6: by Shanah (new) - added it

Shanah Davis Sorry for the TLDR.